Power of 10 Program
In 2016, the MVMA launched the Power of Ten Leadership (POTL) Program. The POTL is designed to help recent graduates develop skills in leadership, communication, and business. Ten MVMA members were selected to participate in the 2016 POTL program. Participants joined a network of peers in a series of learning experiences that began with a full day on March 20 with trainer Karlene Belyea (www.karlenebelyea.com). Subsequent workshops included a panel on practice ownership, a day learning about risk management and liability, and a workshop on legislative advocacy for the veterinary profession.
The Power of Ten is a pathway to help recent graduates answer questions like:
- I emerged from veterinary school and I’m in practice – but how can I get a better grasp on what makes me tick?
- Now that I have a technical staff, how can I form, manage and lead an effective team?
- Who am I in the bigger picture, and what can I give to my family, my community and my profession that will be my legacy?
Through the Power of Ten, participants will:
- Develop fundamental understanding of leadership skills and emotional intelligence
- Deepen comprehension of communication styles and skills
- Acquire critical skills to intensify business acumen
- Gain the competency to utilize these skills within one’s life, practice and community
- Heighten awareness of one’s self and better understand how to maximize interactions with those around you
- Develop a vision of the leader you can be
- Experience a supportive environment that fosters meaningful interpersonal relationships and collaborative, lifelong interactions
Interested in applying?
Get your practice owner to commit to supporting your involvement in this initiative since it means you will likely miss several days of work for these important sessions.
Questions or interested in the 2017 program? Email us at email@example.com.
Thank you to Elanco for your generous support of our Power of 10 program!