The MVMA is an organization dedicated to supporting Maine Veterinarians as they work to improve the well-being of animals, to encourage the human-animal bond, and to protect public health. We offer members:
Members-only resources and discounts—As a member, you get free online advertising, you are listed on the website’s “Find a vet” feature, and you get access to our relief veterinarian list. These are just a few of the many resources the MVMA offers its members.
- Networking and professional development—In 2016, the MVMA held events all over Maine to help its members plan for retirement. We also launched the first ever Power of 10 program for recent graduates. The MVMA is helping members connect with each other and build their skills, no matter where they are in their careers.
- Legislative advocacy—Maine’s veterinarians are stronger together. The MVMA’s work advocating in Augusta means that your interests aren’t forgotten when important legislation impacting your practice is being introduced.
- The Maine Veterinarian—the MVMA's newsletter designed to keep you informed about veterinary issues and activities throughout the state. Special notices are mailed and/or emailed whenever warranted.
- Free Advertising—members can place classified ads on our website and/or in our newsletter at no charge, including listings for relief veterinary services.
- Client Referral Services—when owners contact MVMA looking for a veterinarian in their area, we recommend our MVMA members. There is also a "Find a Vet" feature on our website to assist owners in locating a veterinarian in their area.
- Credit Card Processing Service—Nationwide Payment Solutions can reduce the cost of your credit card and debit card processing. Contact Dan & Patty Sanville at 207-329-3771 or email@example.com.
- Maine Veterinary Medical Education Foundation—our Foundation provides scholarships for veterinary and veterinary technician students who have completed at least one year of school.